Notifications
Clear all

😲 Use tags in your posts so everyone can find topics they're interested in! Learn about them here "Forum Basics" (<-- click here)!

[Solved] Embouchure

6 Posts
2 Users
3 Reactions
Topic starter

Hi

Is it normal for a beginner to lose the capability to hold a embouchure after playing for a while. I seem to get worse the longer I practice. You want to practice more but you can’t very frustrating.I suppose it would better to practice little and often but I only want to torture my neighbours once a day.

Phil.

3 Answers

Hi Phil, your neighbors will have to endure, because in the beginning you must practice in short spurts. You have to think about it from a muscle strength standpoint. The muscles that form the embouchure are small and fragile already, then we put a big hunk of metal to it, put up to 40lbs of pressure on with the strength of our biceps and three you have it; fatigue. The key to developing a strong embouchure over time is to rest before you feel tired. Hope that helps 🙂 Happy Practicing!

philrab66 Topic starter 06/07/2020 8:42 pm

@trumpetheadquarters
I have just ordered one of the ssshhh mutes you have recommended will give that a go.

Press play to listen to my audio response 🙂

philrab66 Topic starter 07/07/2020 9:12 pm

@trumpetheadquarters
Thank you for your response, very helpful.

Good idea! It's a fantastic mute. You will feel some mild resistance. Just make sure you spend most of your playing without it. If you have any further questions please let me know. Happy practicing!

philrab66 Topic starter 07/07/2020 4:43 pm

@trumpetheadquarters
I received the mute today. It is very quiet I can just hear it and there is a lot of back pressure is this normal.
I have drilled a few extra holes in it and the sound has increased a little.

🔥 Learn how to use the Arban Method for Trumpet • LIVE Workshop → June 1st 🔥

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.