Mouthpiece buzzing

Notifications
Clear all

😲 Use tags in your posts so everyone can find topics they're interested in! Learn about them here "Forum Basics" (<-- click here)!

[Solved] Mouthpiece buzzing

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter

Here is my attempt at mouthpiece buzzing Mary had a little lamb I was trying to be a little bit on the quiet side in case my neighbor’s baby was sleeping. I know I got a few notes wrong. Mouthpiece buzzing is not really something I have done much of. But let me know what you think.

Topic Tags
2 Answers
Topic starter

Hi Roger, nice job! I think you’re 70% there. What you have to do now is put a bit more air into it so it will be louder (I know the neighbors, but when you can). More air makes buzzing more stable. As you get better you will be able to buzz soft and keep it steady. Also, buzz it out of time. Timing doesn’t matter so much right now, pitch and stability is what’s important. So buzz it really slow and only move on to the next note when you feel like you’ve got the previous one. This way you learn to adjust as you go and overtime you get better and better at it. Eventually you transfer this to the horn and it allows you to adjust pitch in minute increments. 

keep it up!

🔥 Learn how to use the Arban Method for Trumpet • LIVE Workshop → June 1st 🔥

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.