Notes above the Sta...

Notifications
Clear all

😲 Use tags in your posts so everyone can find topics they're interested in! Learn about them here "Forum Basics" (<-- click here)!

[Solved] Notes above the Staff.

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Hi, My name is Gil Ramos and  I'm a comeback player. So a lot of stuff i'm encountering on this wonderful journey back to playing is still new to me. 

Amongst other excersizes, I've been working on range. I've gotten upto a decent F above the scale. However I don't know if it's a double or Triple F. Can someone either describe it to me or somehow illustrate a Triple high F. 

I have 3 ledger lines below the note. 

I hope someone in this group can help me with this. I practice in my bedroom and there is no one near me that I can pose this question to. I like to gauge my progress. 

Thank you in advance everyone!

Gil 

Topic Tags
1 Answer

Hi Gil,

That is high F. Double F would be F above double C, which is an octave above the C above the staff. 

You can also find high F written in the fingering chart for Premium members, which is under the "More Resources menu" in the lesson menu 🙂

-Estela

gil1961 Topic starter 28/09/2020 3:36 am

@trumpetheadquarters
thank you again Estela.
Gil

Steven Prizant 06/12/2021 11:37 pm

@trumpetheadquarters
Hello, sorry I don't see anywhere to click ''ask a question''' so I am asking the question here under comment. I play piano/keyboard for hobby - Intermeddiate + level. Middle C is often referred to with the scientific notation system as C4. To make it easy for me, what is high F and double F and high C and double C using scientific notation. Saying that ''double F is the F above double C'' doesn't help if I don't know what double C is being new to the trumpet/brass world/way of thinking. Thanks.

TrumpetHeadquarters 07/12/2021 12:15 am

@steveprizant

Hi Steven, you are exactly right to comment here since your question is on this thread topic. For more tips on using the forum check out this thread: https://www.trumpetheadquarters.com/community/getting-started/forum-basics/

ON the Bb trumpet C below the staff is C4 (sounds Bb3 on piano) and is known as low C.
C in the third space is C5 (sounds Bb4 on piano), and is known as middle C.
C above the staff is C6 (sounds Bb5 on piano), and is known as High C.
C an octave above high C is C7 (sounds Bb6 on piano), is known as Double C...it is also incredibly high and most normal humans don't play in that register.

Hope that helps!

🔥 Learn how to use the Arban Method for Trumpet • LIVE Workshop → June 1st 🔥

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.