Timing of warm up a...

Notifications
Clear all

😲 Use tags in your posts so everyone can find topics they're interested in! Learn about them here "Forum Basics" (<-- click here)!

[Solved] Timing of warm up and playing

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

I aim to do my main warm up and techniques practice in the morning. I then often want play end of the afternoon and band practices are in the evening. What should you do as a 2nd pre play warm up? Thx

Jesse Barnhart 12/04/2023 6:40 pm

@iain-c Great question. I've wondered that myself.

Hap (ppy Henderson) Hap (ppy Henderson) 12/04/2023 9:39 pm

@iain-c Good question. I've been repeating the play along warmups with Estela training room videos so far.

Topic Tags
1 Answer

Hi Iain,

What Doug suggested is good; to do one of the warmups in the training section, whichever fits the amount of time you have is fine. Here are some other options:

• A minified version of whatever your current warmup.
  • You can also try Group 1/2 from Chichowicz flow studies if you have that book.
  • Slow scales, ascending only, starting with lowest up to third space C. All slurred.

- Estela

Iain Carpenter Topic starter 13/04/2023 7:42 pm

@trumpetheadquarters Thank you 😊😊

Hap (ppy Henderson) Hap (ppy Henderson) 16/04/2023 1:17 am

@trumpetheadquarters @iain-c I did three practice sessions today and used the Group 1/2 from Chichowicz for the warmup of sessions 1 and 2. Worked great! Not too long and got my chops in the right place to play other stuff. I just got my Flow Studies book on Saturday and really like it. Has a GREAT CD so you can listen to how they are supposed to sound.

🔥 Learn how to use the Arban Method for Trumpet • LIVE Workshop → June 1st 🔥

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.