Notifications
Clear all

😲 Use tags in your posts so everyone can find topics they're interested in! Learn about them here "Forum Basics" (<-- click here)!

[Solved] Trumpet scales

1 Posts
2 Users
3 Reactions
Topic starter

Hello; my questions are as follows.

1) When learning the scales; does one have to remember 

the  concert name or just the name of the scale for trumpet? 

Correct me if I am wrong, but concert name is 

the original tune at which the melody is played for Piano?

Therefore If it is said at the band "we are playing on G That would mean A on trumpet right? 

1 Answer

Hi, great question!

When learning scales you would do well to remember the Major key (the key for trumpet) and the concert key. Let's take F major (G concert) for example, which starts on F and has 1 flat. When you play you should be thinking F major of course, but do remember that it's Concert G in case you ever play in a band. Knowing the major key is good for solo playing, general knowledge and self-development. Knowing the concert is good for playing in ensembles or with other instruments, so you can all speak the same language.

For more explanation and examples of concert key you can read my blog on the topic. https://www.trumpetheadquarters.com/what-is-concert-pitch/

-Estela

ps: please be sure to you tags in your support questions so other can easily find the topics they care about. I've added them to your post already 🙂 Thanks!

🔥 Learn how to use the Arban Method for Trumpet • LIVE Workshop → June 1st 🔥

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.