Notifications
Clear all

😲 Use tags in your posts so everyone can find topics they're interested in! Learn about them here "Forum Basics" (<-- click here)!

[Solved] Intonation/Pitch

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello Estela,

Since January 4th have been working on Aperture, Teeth position, Flexibility Studies Beg #7/Int #9, Gliss, Buzzing and went back to 7C(enjoyed Dennis Wick Webinar). Attached recording of Semper Fidelis from today. If you could let me know if there has been improvement on intonation & pitch and what to focus on, that would be helpful. 

thank you,

matt

Roger Rheault Roger Rheault 22/02/2021 2:50 pm

Good job with the trumpet playing. Also the quality of the recording was really good.

Matthew Taubman Matthew Taubman Topic starter 25/02/2021 6:21 pm

Thank you Roger.

1 Answer

Hi Matthew,

I apologize for my late response. I got hit with the winter storm in Texas this past week so it's been pretty crazy.

Great job on this, I can tell you've been working! For next time, I would also upload the sheet music. It makes it a bit easier for me to see where you may be going wrong. For this I can tell, but in the future.

Trumpet notes:

- Watch your timing. Turn on a metronome and record yourself again with the click and make sure the notes and the correct length.

- Try this: play it again, but take a big relaxed breath and play it softer. You can have the same spunk and intensity in your playing AND play softer. Playing softer will hone in your tone and calm the waters. It will also help you articulation be less harsh.

Focus on those couple things and let me know how it's going!

-Estela

Matthew Taubman Matthew Taubman Topic starter 25/02/2021 6:20 pm

Thank you Estela for your guidance. I will keep working at it.

I understand completely about storms and the disruption they can cause. Hope all goes well.

Regards,
Matt

TrumpetHeadquarters TrumpetHeadquarters 25/02/2021 11:03 pm

Looking forward to hearing your progress Matt!
-Estela

NEW YEARS SALE • SAVE 25% • USE CODE: NY25 • ENDS 1/4

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.