Notifications
Clear all

😲 Use tags in your posts so everyone can find topics they're interested in! Learn about them here "Forum Basics" (<-- click here)!

[Solved] Lips

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Hi Estela,

Is it common for your lips to swell up after practicing. I was using a 3E mouthpiece and changed to a 7C when I noticed the difference. I know I am having difficulty with the upper range we’re I use slightly a little more mouthpiece pressure. Looking forward to your response...

1 Answer

Hi Gary, nice to hear from you. An E cup is very shallow and because of that you will sacrifice power, volume and projection. When you sacrifice those aspects you will have to work harder to play. You may not notice a huge difference in how much harder you are working, but trust me, it's happening. This will in turn over work your lips and cause swelling, pain and fatigue. I recommend you lay off the horn until it goes down, and do warm/cold compresses 3 times a day for 10 minutes each time. 

It could be that you used too much pressure yes, but the E cup isn't helping either. Always listen to your face!

-Estela

Garfreni0 Topic starter 13/11/2020 2:49 pm

@trumpetheadquarters
Estela thank You got your advice. I will take some time off and will continue to use the 7c mouthpiece. I hope to have a Video soon of my upper range difficulties

🔥 Learn how to use the Arban Method for Trumpet • LIVE Workshop → June 1st 🔥

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.