Practicing.Progress...

Notifications
Clear all

😲 Use tags in your posts so everyone can find topics they're interested in! Learn about them here "Forum Basics" (<-- click here)!

[Solved] Practicing.Progress Comments.

3 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter

Good Day Estela,

Attached please find 4 short videos for your comment.

I would appreciate your views.

Thanks again, Best Regards,

Edwin Michael.

2 Answers

Hi Edwin,

Great job on all! Now for some trumpet notes: I'd say your articulation needs some work, to be more clear. I know you're going after an airy, smokey type of tone, but even in that style, one should never sacrifice clarity. I appreciate your quick, early 20th century jazz vibrato. It fits well with the music. Watch out in Cherry Pink that you don't let go of that bend before playing the Bb. See my attached video. Finally, on Amazing Grace, watch those slurs. They're out of tune because you are anticipating the next pitch. The transition between notes should be clean, the notes going from one to the other like BLOCK --> BLOCK, not sliding in between notes. See attached video. Hope that helps, great job, keep playing those fundamental drills, that's where the magic happens!

-Estela

Great Job Edwin. Thanks so much for sharing. It encourages us to keep practicing the more. 

Thanks Stella for your profesional input; I hope we play together someday. Maybe we can host a student summer trumpet BBQ this year 🙂  we can plan it out; I’m sure it would be grand. 

TrumpetHeadquarters TrumpetHeadquarters 15/02/2021 5:04 pm

Don't worry I'm planning many opportunities for the THQ community to attend virtual gatherings!

NEW YEARS SALE • SAVE 25% • USE CODE: NY25 • ENDS 1/4

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.