Notifications
Clear all

😲 Use tags in your posts so everyone can find topics they're interested in! Learn about them here "Forum Basics" (<-- click here)!

[Solved] Unlocking my upper range

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Topic Tags
3 Answers

Hi Roger, well done. The main issue I see here is that seems like you are pinching your lips a little as you ascend, causing a small or tight tone. I also hear many breaks in the sound between notes which tells me the air is not flowing continuously and freely, which is probably due to the pinching. Remember, everything we play should feel like a long tone. Keep the air moving and use your tongue placement to aid the range, you must find the balance between the two. Great, great job. Keep going!

Roger Rheault Topic starter 22/12/2020 8:07 am

I totally agree with you that I am pinching my lips to tight and my tongue placement is not right. I am working on fixing it but it is going to take me a little while to figure it out. I think I made some progress today. I am going to record this song again at a later date. Thanks for your feedback.

Cool stuff. Im poking around on the website checking on range/high note tags. Ive noticed that my range is improving while just practicing buzzing and duets. I never used to be able to play high C but got there 3 times today doing chromatic scales. I like the way you play Roger.

Hap

Topic starter

Congratulations on hitting the high C. Thank you for thinking I play good I still have a lot to learn about playing the trumpet.     

🔥 Learn how to use the Arban Method for Trumpet • LIVE Workshop → June 1st 🔥

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.