Notifications
Clear all

😲 Use tags in your posts so everyone can find topics they're interested in! Learn about them here "Forum Basics" (<-- click here)!

[Solved] Bagatelle

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello Estela,

Attached please find my recording of Bagatelle by Anton Diabelle from the Festival Solos. 

Maybe because I gave trumpet a bath over weekend, notes seem to show a little improvement. There were a few choppy notes but I noticed my lips more relaxed/not tightened. Air flowed a bit steadier.

I started using the beginner warmup season recently available. It helps.  

Any feedback would be helpful. 

Thank you,

Matt

Matthew Taubman Matthew Taubman Topic starter 29/08/2022 11:57 pm
1 Answer

@mtaubman Wow Matt! That was really great. Good notes, rhythms and I even heard dynamics. Just a couple notes for you to take it to the next level:

1. You started a measure late. So just watch out for that. If you start at the right time you will notice the piano will line up harmonies much much better with your playing.
  2. I didn't hear articulations like the staccatos and legatos, but that's okay because I didn't expect you to do them at this stage. However, if you want to learn at least about those two which are the most basic types of articulations/accents, then you can find them in chapters 3 and 4 of this lesson https://www.trumpetheadquarters.com/advanced-trumpet-lessons-online-course/articulation/. The lesson is advanced, so just check out those two chapters. Perhaps I should pull out the legato and staccato and make a short beginner lesson!

Great job,

Estela

Matthew Taubman Matthew Taubman Topic starter 04/09/2022 3:04 am

@trumpetheadquarters thank you Estela 🙏
The link to the articulation session was very helpful. I had been practicing the staccato incorrectly (heavy instead of light). A beginner’s articulation lesson would be great & informative.

Much appreciated,
Matt