Notifications
Clear all

😲 Use tags in your posts so everyone can find topics they're interested in! Learn about them here "Forum Basics" (<-- click here)!

[Solved] Largo Dotted 1/4 Note

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Hello Estela,

Attached is a partial recording of Largo. I’ve been practicing the rhythm drill exercises for the dotted quarter notes. I think there is improvement on the timing; however, some of the notes seem slightly flat at times. 

if you can review that would be much appreciated. 

Thank you,

Matt

This topic was modified 12 months ago by Matthew Taubman
1 Answer

MATT!!! YOU DID IT! That was very very good, great timing. Only measures 1 and 2 of the second like of music the 8th notes were a tiny bit late. The rest of was GREAT!!

What did you do to make progress?

So happy and proud of you! Good work!

- Estela

Matthew Taubman Topic starter 24/05/2023 1:43 am

@trumpetheadquarters
Thank you Estela 🙏 I really appreciate your review and words of encouragement!

The previous consultation was very insightful. I have been practicing the exercises the way you suggested. It doesn’t come easy.
- practicing the Rhythm Drills (writing out the rhythms as well as saying, singing, clapping and playing the exercises). Did the same for the song.
- rewatched the THQ Tutorials on Breathing, Posture, Rhythm Basics, Subdivision, Rhythm Eight Notes. Each time I pickup on something new.
- played along with the Demo.
- recorded with Garage Band (time ruler function turned on). Listened to playback while reading sheet music, taking notes on areas of needed improvement.

At some point in the process I began to internally visualize the rhythms (not sure if that makes sense?).

I think to move forward it might be helpful to schedule another consultation on what to focus on next, if that is ok?

Thank you,
Matt

TrumpetHeadquarters 24/05/2023 5:32 pm

It sounds like you are taking the right approach! I'm super happy with your progress. Especially that you re-watch the video lessons, that is very helpful. And yes we can definitely do another consult. Just shoot an email as usual and we will get it scheduled.

- Estela

🔥 Learn how to use the Arban Method for Trumpet • LIVE Workshop → June 1st 🔥

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.