Hoy más que nunca s...

Notifications
Clear all

😲 Use tags in your posts so everyone can find topics they're interested in! Learn about them here "Forum Basics" (<-- click here)!

Hoy más que nunca señor yo te amo.

6 Posts
2 Users
2 Reactions
nef003
(@nef003)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I always love playing along with other musician. Thanks to the Holy Spirit, I am able to play along by ear to just about anything that sounds. I do this for hours on end. 

https://youtu.be/EPEw-H9zEZU

(@roger1982)
Reputable Member

I normally have to have music in order to play I don't really play well by ear.

ReplyQuote
nef003
(@nef003)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@roger1982

I see. Can you try playing the pieces that you have already played before? Like by finger memory or something? Or even if you have played it 10-50x looking at the sheet; can you play it without it? 

ReplyQuote
(@roger1982)
Reputable Member

@nef003 I can only memorize music if I specifically set out to memorize it. I don't really have to think about what notes I am playing or what the fingerings are. My eyes see the notes my fingers push down the right valves. My brain is thinking about tone quality breathing playing musically watching the conductor or a million other things but not the fingerings or what notes I am playing.

ReplyQuote
nef003
(@nef003)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@roger1982 wow; that’s is completely different from what my brain does. It’s so nice to hear how others interpret music. With your description; I was able to form a similitud on my brain. It’s like from your eyes to your fingers there isn’t any delay. 

you can do this for any piece of music? Even those that you have never heard? 

ReplyQuote
(@roger1982)
Reputable Member

@nef003 I thought that was how people learn to play instruments you learn how to read music you learn the fingering chart then you play the music. Yes I can do this on music I have never heard it is easier if I have heard it before. I am of course limited by my ability there are songs that are above my ability.   

nef003 reacted
ReplyQuote

🔥 Learn how to use the Arban Method for Trumpet • LIVE Workshop → June 1st 🔥

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.