Notifications
Clear all

😲 Use tags in your posts so everyone can find topics they're interested in! Learn about them here "Forum Basics" (<-- click here)!

Muted duet

7 Posts
3 Users
4 Reactions
(@roger1982)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

In this video I played a song called Lullaby out of Standard of Excellence series of books. I had one unmuted trumpet then a straight mute a cup mute and a harmon mute.

(@trumpetheadquarters)
Admin Admin

Hi Roger, I'm loving these videos and your progress looks very good. Make sure you're keeping up with your fundamentals and you will continue to improve. Side note: the timing for some of the videos is a bit off, so if you're not using a metronome I'd suggest to add that to the mix.

-Estela

ReplyQuote
(@roger1982)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@trumpetheadquarters

I totally agree that my timing is off I am finding it difficult to play in time with myself. I went and got this metronome and tried it out on a really easy song. I think I am a little off. What I am doing with these videos is exactly the kind of practice I need. Also I am having a lot of fun doing it. Still many more projects I want to do. 

ReplyQuote
(@trumpetheadquarters)
Admin Admin

Hi Roger, some tips for you,

1) Slow down the metronome to about 66bpm and go from there.

2) Clap the rhythm only, no trumpet. This takes the playing out of the equation. Once you can clap the rhythms in time consistently add the horn back in.

3) You can play just the rhythms on a single note, like G for example. This keeps the playing and rhythms but takes out the note reading.

4) Don't forget the duet videos do have a metronome and can be slowed down.

5) With any method you go for just remember to start slow and gradually increase your tempo over days and weeks. Speed is not important, but a solid foundation is.

Great job!

-Estela

ReplyQuote
nef003
(@nef003)
Eminent Member

Wow; Roger.. two months I had not logged in and I see you have stepped up your game. I’ll upload something when I get a chance. It’s not a quartet, but it will do.  

ReplyQuote
(@trumpetheadquarters)
Admin Admin

@nef003 I’m looking forward to it! On suggestion; Don’t wait until you feel like it’s “perfect” or “good enough.” I always catch things that need improvement from things as simple as a scale, rather than full on concertos. 😀

-Estela

nef003 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@roger1982)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@nef003 don’t wait until it is perfect to post. I rarely play the song more than 3 times before I post I will also a lot of times only play the song one time and post.

ReplyQuote

🔥 Learn how to use the Arban Method for Trumpet • LIVE Workshop → June 1st 🔥

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.

Maximize Your Trumpet Playing For Free

Download the THQ Warmup Guide to learn eye-opening tips and lessons that will take your playing to the next level.